Other facts about Bellingham and Whatcom County:
- Excellent working and business environment with a well educated work force.
- Strong sense of community
- No income taxes, no inventory and unitary taxes.
- Nationally ranked educational systems, incl. Western Washington University.
- All-season recreational opportunities from Mt. Baker to Bellingham Bay.
- Squalicum Harbor is one of the largest marinas in the Puget Sound.
- With 14 golf courses Bellingham has the highest number of golf courses per capita.
- Moderate year round climate with temparatures rarely below 32 degrees.
- Bellingham has been designated as a "Trail Town USA," by the American Hiking Society and the National Park Service. Bellingham is one of only 30 cities nationwide and the only city in Washington and Oregon, to be honored with this title. Bellingham is a "city of greenways" with twenty-nine miles of pedestrian, bicycle and equestrian trails and more than 600 acres of open space.